Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Where can I buy a TIAL WG?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dragonballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 1999
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Besides from TIAL that is. How much did you guys pay?

    ------------------
    1992 Old School Si Hatch
    1995 Civic DX Coupe w/ Turbo B18C

  2. #2
    MarkC
    Guest MarkC's Avatar

    Red face

    www.importparts.com sells them now.

    Tell them Mark from honda-tech sent you and he will give you 10% off. smile

    ------------------
    Mark - Darth Boost - Turbo Mafia
    98 Pearl Black GS-R, DRAG Gen. 3 Turbo
    13.2 at 114MPH (GTech/Pro w/Drag Radials)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dragonballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 1999
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Whoa,

    ImportParts sells them for like $249. The TIAL website says their MSRP goes for $219. Is Mark selling them with the downpipe flange or is that extra?

    ------------------
    1992 Old School Si Hatch
    1995 Civic DX Coupe w/ Turbo B18C

  4. #4
    MarkC
    Guest MarkC's Avatar

    Post

    Well... The $219 price they have listed is for the cast-iron valve body wastegate. TiAL decided to not even manufacture the cast-iron ones and only make the stainless-steel valve body, which they have listed for $269.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dragonballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 1999
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Mark,

    I'm ordering one this week. Gonna go with the 6mm silicon hose also like someone on the board suggested. I'll have a Deltagate available soon if anyone wants it. They'll have to sign a disclaimer first though. HaHa.

  6. #6
    MarkC
    Guest MarkC's Avatar

    Post

    No prob. biggrin

    I am gonna try that 6mm hose too. www.bakerprecision.com sells that silicone hose. I got some coming. smile

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dragonballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 1999
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's where I bought mine. Just ordered it this morning. I'm gonna have to swap out the fittings on the WG and turbo.

    ------------------
    1992 Old School Si Hatch
    1995 Civic DX Coupe w/ Turbo B18C

  8. #8
    Inactive Member DirtyLude's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2000
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You might want to call Chris at XpressMotorsports. I'm getting my Tial from him for $219.00 shipped. He's hosting his groupbuy on the www.groupbuycenter.com if you want contact information.

    ------------------
    DirtyLude
    Toronto Prelude Club

  9. #9
    Inactive Member G3-TEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 1999
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Whats the advantage of using Silicone hoses? please advise! 8)

    I got the Tial from Ben at importparts also.. VERY GOOD business.. he was very helpful... i highly recommend them... tell him i sent ya (Crescent)

    ------------------

    -Temporarily NOT - TO4e powered

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dragonballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 1999
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If I'm going to upgrade my hoses I might as well get silicon. The hose dips precariously close to my exhaust manifold so the silicon will be extra added protection against heat. If the heat should eat through that hose there's a chance I can overboost and cause some real damage.

    ------------------
    1992 Old School Si Hatch
    1995 Civic DX Coupe w/ Turbo B18C

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •